Yesterday i was posted How To Flash Official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLS8 on Galaxy S2 I9100 ? as a continuation of that post ,today i am writing the method to root the Galaxy S2 Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLS8 update. Like the previous root methods i was posted here .. this method also simple and secure as it is not using any root tools or insecure kernel.
The method is simple .. just install the provided zip package from stock recovery. The zip package is created by XDA senior member PhilZ.(thanks for making this).Please check the firmware details..... if your phone have the same firmware below then you can install this zip in your phone..otherwise don't try it.
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- This root package is only for International Galaxy S2 I9100 Android 4.1.2 XWLS8.
- Backup Impotent Data.
- Battery Charge Must be 60% or above.
* Rooting may void warranty or it may brick your phone ..we are not responsible for anything ..do at your risk.
Root Galaxy S2 Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLS81. Download 4.1.2 XWLS8 Root zip package from here (v4.0 B22)
2. Copy the downloaded zip package XWLS8-ROOT-CWM6.zip to external SD card.
3. Switch off your phone and wait till vibrate.
4. Boot in to stock recovery ( Volume up + Home + Power )
5. In recovery select apply update from external storage.
6. Select copied zip file XWLS8-ROOT-CWM6.zip
That's it...Now you are successfully rooted Galaxy S2 I9100 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLS8.