Samsung started rolling out Android 4.1.2 to Galaxy S2 International variant (I9100). So far this is the major update to Galaxy S2 by Samsung. Through Kies or OTA this Official update is available only for some selected countries.
If your phone not showing any update don't worry , Samsung will provide the update very soon to Your country or you can manually install the update by following the simple steps here.
Some great features in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- S Cloud services by Samsung
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
Build Date: 14 January 2013
Must Note :
1. This update only for Samsung Galaxy S2 International variant I9100
2. Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked not locked for specific carrier
3. Backup All the Data in your Phone
4. Your Phone Charge Must Be 80% or above
5. Enable USB Debugging
6. Make sure you have installed Kies or S2 driver
7. Exit Antivirus, Kies etc .. before start flashing.
How To manually update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Official Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWLS8?1. Search Samfirm to download the Specific 4.1.2 to your country Or Download Galaxy S2 4.1.2 XWLS8 (Spain) firmware and Extract it to PC
2. Download Odin3 v1.85 and Extract it
3. Power off and boot Galaxy S2 in to download mode. ( Volume down + Home + Power )
4. In download mode connect your phone to PC.
5. Now Open Odin 1.85 and look in to ID:COM box it will be yellow with a port name and a "Added!" message will be displayed in Message box.
6. In Odin..Click PDA and select I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar.md5 from Extracted firmwares folder.
7. Click Start button. Odin will show PASS on top left and phone will reboot.
Thats it done ....You are succefully flashed your Galaxy S2 to Official Android Jellybean 4.1.2.
If you face boot loop after flashing ...go to recovery mode and do a factory reset and wipe cache....done...