As a continuation of the post How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I9100XXLSJ ?, in this post i am writing about the method to root Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLSJ. This method of rooting is more secure and simple. You don't need to install any insecure kernel and you don't need to use any third party tools, Just install the provided zip package from stock recovery.
We should thank to XDA senior member PhilZ for the zip package with a short time. The package contains root files , CWM6 and SuperSu.
Warning : Rooting will void phones Warrenty ! Rooting / Flashing may brick your phone ! We are not responsible for any damage do at your risk !
1. Backup Importent Data
2. Battery charge must be 60% or more
Root Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLSJ using zip package1. Download 4.1.2 XXLSJ Root zip package from here (v3.75)
2. Copy the downloaded zip package XXLSJ-ROOT-CWM6.zip to external SD card.
3. Switch off your phone and wait till vibrate.
4. Boot in to stock recovery ( Volume up + Home + Power )
5. In recovery select apply update from external storage.
6. Select copied zip file XXLSJ-ROOT-CWM6.zip
7. After installation ....select reboot system now...
That's it...Now you are successfully rooted Galaxy S2 4.1.2 XXLSJ.